The end of another year, indeed, another decade is upon us! And for many people, each year brings the hope of promises that we make to ourselves and those around us… in the form of RESOLUTIONS.
I’ll be honest, I’ve never been one for New Year Resolutions as I believe that if change needs to be made, then the time is now. However this year, I am definitely giving into the hype of a fresh-start that comes with the dawn of a new decade.
There’s just something about “Twenty-Twenty” that sounds inspiring!
So here is my list of actionable steps towards of what I am now coining as “Yéyé 2020.” Lol.
The items in Green are those I have already started implementing, or those I am able to implement right away. Those in Blue will take a little bit of planning, but I will have as part of my routine by the end of Q1. Those in Red will take a lot more planning but will be second-nature by the end of Q3.
- Pray consistently by using a visual prayer tracker.
- Keep a journal.
- Use a planner to stay organized and on top of tasks, goals and projects.
- Set up a functional work space that isn’t all the way in the basement.
- Unfollow unproductive accounts on YouTube and Instagram.
- Take my multivitamins, Iron, Calcium and Vitamin D supplements daily.
- Smile and laugh more.
- Reply messages and emails within 24 hours.
- Stretch for at least 5 minutes a day. Ideally, right after I brush my teeth in the morning.
- Save on groceries by planning our meals weekly and shopping for the best deals.
- De-clutter our home by donating items or selling them on Facebook Marketplace/ Kijiji.
- Join a community choir.
- Invest in the stock market using Wealthsimple and Questrade.
- Engage in “No-Buy” weeks and months i.e. purchase only essentials that have run out, and use up food in the pantry that tends to get shoved to the back.
- Jump-rope at least 3 times a week, for at least 10 minutes a day.
- Organize my apps, photos and videos. Delete all random pictures and videos.
- Listen to ER Medicine-related podcasts twice a week or on my way in to work once I return in May.
- Drink a green smoothie daily. Put ingredients in the blender and place in the fridge the night before.
- Keep notes as I read books… once I’m able to actually sit down and read again, instead of “listening on the go”.
- Floss… I’ll stick to using my Waterpik for now.
Do you have any big plans for 2020? I’d love to hear them!
Happy New Year friends and Cheers to an amazing 2020!